Thursday, 14 March 2013

Week 2.5 Sending a message using Google+

Once you have joined Google + you will want to list all your contacts in some way. This is where the concept of circles comes to play - Google + uses the word circles for 'groups' and just to make it authentic, Google stores these groups in a circular form.

Google circles are a feature of Google+ and they can be very useful for keeping in contact with a group of people. For example I have a circle called the 'Use Google for PD' group. I want to show you how I send a message to the 'Use Google for PD' group

How I send a message to the 'Use Google for PD' group?
Firstly, I have added names to a circle (the name for a group) in Google plus - the previous blogpost explained how I went about this. 

Whenever I want to send something to that group this is what I do:

In your Google+ stream write your message. Decide which circle or person you are going to send it to.and press ‘Share’. (In this case I have selected 'Use Google for PD group'.) Then I click on Share!

image


How do I share a circle with you?
I have shared my 'Use Google for PD' circle with you. This is what I did.

1. I clicked on the circle to activate it.

image


2. Now I go to actions and choose ‘Share a circle’

image


3.  The circle wants to know where to go!

image


4. Tell it where to go

image


5. The recipients will receive a notification

Task
When this circle offer arrives view it and then, when it opens create your own circle with the same name and click on Create or Add to circles.  Then send a message to the group. (If you have not yet created your profile do so and soon you will be included!)









1 comment:

  1. I added a number of circle, posted messaged and have invited colleagues to hang out - all very easy and intuituve to do - appreciate the help. Thanks

    ReplyDelete